Forums

M-STORY: The Lost memorys of a twisted faith...

Character background? Made up storys? Ingame storys changed around into real storys? Well anything you got for public amusement!

Moderator: Tech Haven Network - Moderator team

Postby HusK » Sat May 22, 2004 6:05 pm

<ooc mode>
boogle... ya don't wanna know ;)

scientists have already succeeded saving brain wave paterns (memory's for us humans :p) to external devices (diskdrives, etc.)

Also the decision to which choice to make is already done before you ask yourselve the choice... according to scientists what you call you in this present has been deceided about 2 microseconds before you know it... it sounds weird, can't explain it better, but those researches seriously undermine everything we thought about concience... eek!

besides that, yeah I think the brain is a bit simular, however calling it a computer would go to far I think, as I don't believe it makes decisions based on calculations... it does not compute that way ;)
I do think however that memory's stored in the brain will eventualy be read by computers, we just need to find out which pattern the brain used to safe that stuff... not to mention how to play it (for example, are images in your head realy images? they could just aswell be more like a game rendering system, meaning its like a book you read in your head and your mind then can create pics out of it which are almost identical to what you saw.

ahum *cough* sorry lost track of myself there :shock:
Always like to speculate on subjects like that :p

oh and b4 you ask... yeah I know it was meant funny :p just wanted to react on it seriously *grin* 8)

[edit] changed the headline of the story to something more appropiate [edit]
Last edited by HusK on Sat May 22, 2004 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HusK
THN Whore

Postby booglebox » Sat May 22, 2004 6:19 pm

I actually understood all of that. most of it i knew already... :D
Like in minority report- the simulation club!
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Part IV

Postby HusK » Sun May 23, 2004 1:25 pm

Somewhere far away from civilisation:

Run! Run! One thought kept sweeping trough his mind as he got from room to room, tech haven sentry’s where firing on him this second, storm bots the next, then they turned into launchers, and then suddenly they where all gone…

He grabbed his head as a enormous pain hit it.
Not again! Where was this coming from? This place is damned! I got to get out of here, he ran towards the doors on his right… the crahn abbey??

How the hell did he get here?
A man waved at him, telling him to come inside.
He had seen this man before… but where?
A white flash hit his eyes as he stepped trough the door.

Mr Parker?
>Yes? The man behind the desk looked up from his work.
We are ready to proceed with the last part of the project, perhaps you wish to be there when he wakes up?
>Right, everything’s ready then?
Indeed sir, even the hair spray has gotten here in time, but forgive me my insolence sir, we need to hurry, the cult members have become wary, some are even are searching the outzone sectors now, I think they suspect something.
>Nothing to worry about doc, this sector has been cut off from the rest of the outzone for years now.
Yes… that is what I’m worried about, all the more reason for them to think the city administration will keep a secret lab here.
>Right.. lets go.

He was back in tech haven, surrounded by many many people… people that couldn’t possibly be there. He looked around at all the familiar faces, faces from people which all had unfortunate gene rep accidents. Accidents he thought? Probably assassinations.
He stopped as a man walked towards him.

Zane??
Mr. Shadowfall, how is …
>A moment Sir Husk, if you would. There is little time and things to do.
Offcourse Sir.
>You are inside the mortal coil, do not ask what or where this is, you couldn’t comprehend it right now.
>What is important is that we need you to leave a part of you behind, for our sake, and yours.
>People are doing something to you, and there is nothing we can do to prevent it, the skull is hibernating as the mortal coil has become unstable and thus we are forced to take different action.

…??
>Don’t ask, you just do what I say before its to late.
>Give me your hand and relax.

A weird tingling flowed trough his body as Zane touched him… the feeling, it was awfull, as if he got torn apart from the inside. AAAAH!!!! MY HEAD!!!

‘… they have started’ a voice said.
‘Lets just hope we where in time’

‘Program successfully engaged’
The machine was hitting husk’s head once more as the so called doctor entered the last command sequence.
‘Inserting new memory disk now…’ The doctor reported.
Computer merge the last 2 memory sectors saved from the subject with the data on the memory disk!
‘Merge successful.’ the voice spoke.
‘Now, execute the final stage and upload the memory to the subject!’

Everything in the room started to shake as three more machines started to send electric beams to husks head. The machines where spinning faster than ever now.

How long till this procedure is complete?
‘thirty minutes tops, I’d say.’ Replied the doctor.
‘Alright’ the man said as he pulled a chair. ‘I’ll have a short nap, wake me in time’
Offcourse.
Last edited by HusK on Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HusK
THN Whore

Postby booglebox » Sun May 23, 2004 2:39 pm

The scene is set for Husk to become mortally brain-damaged.
Is that how he got hsi name?
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Part V - Endings

Postby HusK » Sun May 23, 2004 7:36 pm

Code: Select all
TO:        Brammers@techhaven.doy.pl
SUBJECT:   Doing well, have a request.

Dear Mr. Brammers,

I’m sure you’ve been informed on the cause of my disappearance, however I wish to inform you of my well-being at this point.
I’ve been helped greatly by some admirable people, the city administration and protopharm used every means at their disposal to help me remember.
I guess I’ll  have to explain that bit, you see, I was abducted by the Black Dragon a few days ago, I don’t remember all the details as they unfortunately couldn’t restore all of my memories. But I remember flashbacks from their disco in the outzone, which we all know is used a lot for questioning.

I’m sorry to tell you that I don’t know their reason for it, or if they gotten any valuable information out of me, possibly it has something to do with the cult that is harassing our home for quite some time now. What we do know for sure is that they used an experimental drug, with which they tried to remove my memories of the past.

I’m happy to inform you though, that all is fine with me and that after the disbanding of The gib Rippers, I’d like to return to work for you.
I believe I can be a viable asset to your section 2 crew, and I hope that with your help, we’ll be able to disband the cult, make them understand its all about lies. And if they won’t listen, well, we’ll just have to banish them from the face of the planet.

With best regards and yours faithfully,

Harold ‘HusK’ Marshall

P.S. I hope you will inform both the science council and active council of my well-being and of what has happened.

P.P.S. Mr. Parker sends his regards, he’s been a great help to me since I recovered and will drive me back to tech haven as soon as possible.

Husk stood up from behind the desk as he pressed the send button.
He was still in the same room where he awoke last time, the strange terminals at the back where to monitor his condition, rather unnecessary he thought, as he was already in perfect condition.
His hair was now blue and a bit shorter, the doc had to cut it cause the machine was having trouble compensating its electric shocks.
He was also told his original blond colour might not come back for quite some time, a side affect from the electric shocks.

Husk?
Yes Mr. Parker?
I think its time for you to return, something strange is up with the cult lately, I think their planning something, we might need your help.
Good, I’ve been hoping to stretch my legs, get back into action and all.

A security guard saluted as they exited the lab, an elevator down the hall then returned them to the surface where the blue lights slowly got replaced by a more attractive yellow.
They exited in the viarosso district.

We’ll have to visit the Tangent Hq for a minute, they need to update their genrep data spread all over the world, or it might create an undesirable conflict.
Hmmz, Tangent. Husk shook his head madly as he entered the building of their biggest competition.
Upstairs a man asked him to put his hand on the t.u.c. Short for transport update controller, which was basically a larger version of the standard computer terminal, with some extra functionality for those with clearance.
It will take some time for us to make the necessary changes the man told them as he looked in a rather unusual way towards them.
Not to worry, we’re going by car for now, I’ll make sure he gets home safely.

Several hours later they arrived at the back entrance of tech haven.

Thanks for the ride Mr. Parker, and thanks for everything infact.
Not to worry, it was my pleasure really, you just make sure you’ll be allright. Watch out for the cult, they might have heard about the happenings, the brainwashing in particular and try make you believe you where one of them or something, you never know with their tricks.
Right, Husk yelled as the car drove away' I’ll make sure to remember that!

Walking up the ramp, he looked around him.

*sigh*

Tech haven… there’s no place like home.
Last edited by HusK on Mon May 24, 2004 1:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
HusK
THN Whore

Postby HusK » Sun May 23, 2004 7:40 pm

<OOC mode>

right well, there ya have it, I'm done.

The story will continue in some way, probably ingame in certain ways, and eventualy back to the roleplay forum. But its reached the present point now, so I'm sorry, there's nothing I can do right now to continue it :p
You can use this story as a basis of my current situation, as you can read the character husk doesn't know what has actualy happend, nor does fa.
I've joined Phoenix to fight against the cult, who, which I'm sure' will try to win me back or something. keep your eyes peeled on all chats in existance :p as this baby is gonna have a sequel somewhere, somehow.

As for my name boogle, read my first post in this roleplay forum (waaaaaaay down, the topic is: Harold 'HusK' Marshall)
HusK
THN Whore

Postby sanityislost » Sun May 23, 2004 10:44 pm

Nice work dude, its really sweet!!!

SiL ..:..
ImageImage
forwardslashsetspaceneedunderscoremonkspaceone
sanityislost
THN Uberaddict

Postby booglebox » Mon May 24, 2004 9:30 am

That's one nice story. Unlike paractically all of the other rps its been finished. Nice one!
"There is no signature"

My b-day on the 6/11!
booglebox
THN Supahfan

Previous

Return to Role Playing